Saturday, September 29, 2012

Welcome!

My first post, so an introduction is in order!  I'm Jess, a stay-at-home mom to an awesome little smarty-pants kid. I like to cook and have recently gotten into nail polish and nail art.  I live in Florida with my mom and my son, while my dad is working out of state.  I have a younger brother, and tons of extended family.

I got into cooking while in high school my sophomore year, in the Pro-Start culinary class.  We would cook meals for the teachers,  catered events for clubs, and provided clubs with food items for various fundraising such as C.A.R.E., Alex's Lemonade Stand, etc.  I now mainly cook for my family and friends, experimenting with recipes I find online and in different cook books.  A few of my favorite cooks/chefs/cookbook authors are Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman),  Bakerella, Rachael Ray, and Paula Deen.

I don't have any fancy camera or photography skills, so I apologize for my less-than-stellar photographs now. I try to fix them so that they are mostly color-accurate when it comes to nail polish.

Until next time...

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment