Monday, October 22, 2012

Candy Corn! Week 4

Whew, what a long weekend.  Went to a local farm for their Pumpkin Festival on Saturday.  It was so much fun, kiddo had a great time and was super happy to get to pick out his pumpkin!  We also picked up some produce that grew on the farm from their produce stand.  While we were standing in line for the hayride, they shot off the Pumpkin Cannon, and I actually caught a video of it! (coming soon)




On to the polish portion of this post.  I figured I'd get a head start on this week's challenge and do a candy corn gradient.


basecoat
2 coats Snow Me White
Color Club Almost Famous for the yellow
Color Club Wham! Pow! for the orange
topcoat

I wore it like this all day Saturday, and actually had one lady compliment me on it at one of the booths (where they were selling some indie polishes along with their handmade soaps and bath stuffs. I didn't pick one up this time, but did pick up their card to see about ordering some later when I have some more money.)  But it was way to bright and loud for my tastes, and I just had to mess with it.  



(Please ignore my lack of clean-up, I was rushed to do these before my cousin's birthday party!) O.P.I. Black Shatter and Wet'N'Wild Black Creme helped tone down the neon-ness, and also gave me an chance to finally use my striping brush.  I was really shaky, but it looked all right I think.

I also managed to find a Kleancolor What Girls Really Talk About Mini set at R.O.S.S. for $4!  They also had a bunch of Color Club multi-packs that didn't really wow me, but I couldn't pass up these glitters!  

Until next time
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment